Download the Say it out loud press release on mental health and the economy [PDF]
Internet Resources to Help You Get Through a Bad Economy
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a voluntary, confidential program that provides problem identification and referral services for employees and family members who are experiencing personal issues that might affect their lives or their jobs.
- Click for a directory of Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providers and consultants in the State of Illinois.
- This guide from SAMHSA provides practical advice on how to deal with the effects financial difficulties can have on your physical and mental health.
- SAMHSA's Mental Health Services Locator provides you with comprehensive information about mental health services and resources and is useful for professionals, consumers and their families, and the public.
- The Mayo Clinic provides a video under the multimedia section that demonstrates different stress-reducing techniques.
- The Making Home Affordable Program helps families that might be eligible to refinance or modify their loans to a payment that is affordable now and into the future.
- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has a website for homeowners facing the loss of their home.
- CareerOneStop is a U.S. Department of Labor-sponsored Web site that offers career resources and workforce information to job seekers, students, businesses, and workforce professionals. The link will take you to information on employment, training, unemployment benefits and financial help during job transition.